Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  disable 2.4Ghz radio on a specified AP ( device )

Posted 03-19-2020 12:56 PM

Hi,

It would be a useful feature to disable 2.4Ghz radio on a specific APs.

For example ( 3 AP configuration ) I'd like to enable 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radio on 1 AP only , on other APs I'd like to use 5Ghz radios only.

Thanks,

Béla

• 2.  RE: disable 2.4Ghz radio on a specified AP ( device )

Employee
    Posted 03-20-2020 02:24 PM

@vbec27 

Hello,

You can configure the active radios in the Network by clicking "Wireless options" in the mobile app.   While you can control which radios are active per Network, you cannot do it per AP.

What is your need to have 2.4GHz enabled on only one AP?

Stephane

• 3.  RE: disable 2.4Ghz radio on a specified AP ( device )

Posted 03-20-2020 03:05 PM

Hi Stephane,

My current configuration is a 2.4GHz network for IoT and older devices and another one (5GHz) network for high performance devices. I usually put an AP in every room to maximize the network performance ( 5GHz band ) and because spread of wifi signal is much lower ( 5GHz ). Meanwhile one AP ( working in 2.4GHz ) can cover the whole house. I think, it can be useful especially when you don't have an option to control the max TX output of the radios.

Thx, Béla 

• 4.  RE: disable 2.4Ghz radio on a specified AP ( device )

Employee
    Posted 03-20-2020 03:35 PM

Hi @vbec27 , you could create two networks - 

SSID1 working only on 5Ghz

SSID2  for IoT, working on both bands (or 2.4Ghz only) - they can be bridged to same VLAN.

What you are describing is functionality called zoning (maping network profiles to groups of APs) on 'regular' Aruba Instant and it is not available on AIO.

• 5.  RE: disable 2.4Ghz radio on a specified AP ( device )

Posted 03-20-2020 03:57 PM

Hi,

Until this function is not available, I'll be use an acces point on 2.4Ghz from different vendor.

Thx, Béla