Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Different SSID - Is sharing devices possible ?

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2020 10:30 AM

This may look like a contradiction.  I am building new home network.  Will like to use different SSID for (Work, Home, School, and IOT devices) to separate and manage the bandwith/priority of these flows independently.  However I just realized some devices that will connect to the network need to be shared across these Networks. For example I have only ONE Printer at home (that can be either be connected via LAN or Wifi) which I will need to access for Work, Home and School work. 

Is the ArubaInstantOn able to "bridge" from across these network into the ONE printer?  If so, how to I configure the APs 

My Connection:  IPS Modem -> 3rd Party Router (Microtik) ->1930 8Port PoE Switch ->   1AP11D & 2 AP15 connected to PoE Switch

• 2.  RE: Different SSID - Is sharing devices possible ?

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2020 11:43 AM

@haboscio If you are planning to have a single VLAN and four different SSID you just need to make sure on the AP configuration network access is unrestricted and your IP and network assignment are the same as the local network.

• 3.  RE: Different SSID - Is sharing devices possible ?

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2020 12:25 PM

I dont know if I can managed the bandwith/priority of these (Work, Home, School, and IOT devices) separate and independently usnig a Sinble VLAN.  Can I?

• 4.  RE: Different SSID - Is sharing devices possible ?

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2020 03:35 PM

@haboscio I assume your router will be handing out DHCP address to all devices and can all be on the same VLAN. Each SSID created has the ability to customize control of the clients that log in. 

• 5.  RE: Different SSID - Is sharing devices possible ?

Posted 09-21-2020 12:59 PM

Maybe you could dissable DHCP in the AP and let the router give the same base IP adress and with the Ap you control bandwith and extre. If you know how to disable double NAT please make me know