Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Posted 08-06-2019 07:12 PM

Seems like there is no way to assign a fixed channel to an AP or the entire network. For example, it seems - at least AFAIK - Sonos speakers would require all access points to use the same 2.4GHz channel, otherwise it is only possible to use the hidden, proprietary SonosNet. I can see this limitation won't possibly affect too many SMB customers, but considering Auba Instant On can be also a reasonable setup for home networks, it could be desirable.

• 2.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Employee
    Posted 08-08-2019 03:49 PM

@axthemax We are constantly working to enhance the solution. Existing and future customers are going to get enhanced features and software as part of future software updates. Customers will be able to update the software through the mobile app.

• 3.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Posted 11-09-2019 09:42 PM
    Any update on this? And especially on The sonos part? We are unable to add any sonos speakers to an instant-on network.

• 4.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Posted 11-10-2019 04:27 PM
    By the way, although a fact at the moment, this should be regarded as a limitation of Sonos, not Aruba ION. The same problem exists with almost any other WiFi solution. With multiple nearby access points, it is generally not a good idea to use identical 2.4GHz channels and also Sonos recommends SonosNet and not WiFi connectivity (or of course 100BaseT connectivity if available) for larger setups. Basically, only if you have only a single WiFi AP and maybe some Sonos speakers in its vicinity - it should be ok - otherwise use SonosNet. I personally find Sonos' approach somewhat strange, especially given the over-usage of the 2.4GHz band. Nevertheless, it would be nice to have configurable static band or channel assignments on a given network.

• 5.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Posted 12-02-2019 07:05 AM
    Replaced My Apple WiFi with Aruba instant on and now have issues with my Sonss speakers. They keep disapearing and reapearing. Wish I never mode the switch. Also having issues with AppleTV's and Homebrigde/Homekit.

• 6.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Posted 02-13-2020 08:52 AM

Update available

Version 1.4.0
    This version includes the following:
    - Support for PPPoE connectivity in Wi-Fi router mode.
    - Ability to view and block applications per network.
    - Ability to view top used applications per client.
    - Simplified configuration of RADIUS Network Access Attributes and NAS IP Address.
    - Support for Open Guest network security.
    - Ability to control Wi-Fi band selection (2.4GHz and 5GHz) for wireless networks.
    - Ability to enable or disable legacy 802.11b rates.
    - Radio channel selection improvements and ability to control channel selection and channel width.
    - Ability to turn device LED off when operating under normal conditions.
    - Ability to disable application visibility engine for performance sensitive deployments.
    - Improved wireless range for over-the-air connections and better support of outdoor deployments.
    - Wireless client roaming performance improvements.
    - Other minor bug fixes and usability enhancements.

So let give it a try again (had swapped my Apple WiFi back in)

• 7.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Employee
    Posted 04-03-2020 02:22 PM

@RudiK I would love to hear an update on how things are going for you since the update!

• 8.  RE: 2.4GHz fixed channel selection

Posted 05-29-2020 05:00 PM

Are you sure sonos requires all APs to be on the same channel?  If you're using sonosnet they do but that not a wifi networks, that's a mesh network and for a mesh to operate they all have to be on the same channel to hop from one to another until they find a wired path to the world.  I would think when using wi-fi not sonosnet they would connect to what ever is strongest and since there is no hopping the channel doesn't matter.