Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Posted 08-17-2020 02:48 PM

I'd really like to use Aruba Instant On in router mode but i have a few questions

1. Will there be a "security gateway" in the forseeable future? If yes: What will be the max throughput of internet traffic?

2. What is the max throughput of the 11D ? I could have fiber with up to 300/600/1000 Mbit symmatrical, which one could i use with Aruba Instant On?

3. What about IPv6 support? Are there any plans to support ISP IPv6 Prefix Delegation?

Kind regards

Martin

• 2.  RE: Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Employee
    Posted 08-18-2020 07:54 PM

@xidd On question 1 we will pass you feedback and request on about having a gateway product. 2. The AP11D has a Gigabit Ethernet port so the throughput minus overhead from the ISP and some from the AP11D you should have good throughput. 3. We do not currently support IPv6.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Posted 09-17-2020 10:58 AM

I request a real gateway/router also that has firewall rules, VPN and I really need the Site to Site VPN for all businesses I maintain... and all will work in the portal management.  

Any idea ETA when these will be available??  all I see is AP's and switches????

• 4.  RE: Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2020 11:16 AM

@Doc2485  Please take a look at our enterprise line of products.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/solutions/sd-branch/ 

• 5.  RE: Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Posted 09-17-2020 11:39 AM

@GThiesen  But with that you have to pay fees and subscriptions??  If yes.... that is a deal breaker for me.  

• 6.  RE: Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Employee
    Posted 09-17-2020 11:48 AM

@Doc2485 It is a subscription-based model.

• 7.  RE: Aruba Instant On Router Mode

Posted 09-17-2020 11:50 AM

@GThiesen I was really afraid you would say that.... well packaging it all back up and get my $$$$ back.  More testing with other brands now...