Everything Instant On

Expand all | Collapse all

AP11 channel planning

• 1.  AP11 channel planning

Posted 08-21-2020 08:17 AM

Good day minions...

I recently purchased 10x AP11's with a 48 port instant on switch for home deployment as enterprise kit is way too expensive, but I digress...

I am trying to channel plan properly - specifically on 2.4Ghz, however I am battling to find a way to statically assign a channel to the AP's; The radio management seems to be a global setting and not applicable on individual radios.

When I look at the inventory, 9x AP's are on channel 11 and the final AP is on channel 1, so I take it there was some ARRP happening, but only on 1x AP?

Am I being a dumb*ss? I have them next to eachother in the lab, I spread them out in the lab, only had 2 connected, rebooted 12 times etc... I can't disable 2.4 due to legacy devices.

Any guidance will be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: AP11 channel planning

Posted 08-21-2020 01:00 PM

@A-Team Radio management is for the entire cluster so if you select channel 1 all AP's would covert over to channel. Not sure what your environment looks like. What are you trying to test by having the 10 AP's next to each other? If you leave them with all channels the default setting Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) should scan the air for the best signal but if they are that close together you are going to have issues.

• 3.  RE: AP11 channel planning

Posted 08-24-2020 07:26 AM

Afternoon Good sir,

Setup will go into a home (kitchen, lounge, main bedroom etc) - however even with the AP's spread out ARM does not kick in.

I thought they are posisioned in such a way that there's no interference, however when I do a spectrum scan I see each radio at -69dBm; Tellling me they can hear each other and should essentially change channels - yet only one AP did.

Not to matter, I will play around a bit more and figure these guys out.

Can I request a feature? I would love to:

a - select static channels per AP and not globally.

b - set the power output statically (assigning dBm or have some sliding scale)

c - have the ability to reboot all AP's at once.

• 4.  RE: AP11 channel planning

Posted 08-24-2020 08:15 PM

I too was a bit perplexed that I could not statically assign channels to APs. Definitely useful in situations. Odd it isn't there.

• 5.  RE: AP11 channel planning

Posted 08-26-2020 04:17 PM
    GThiesen
    Employee Would you kindly request that we can assign a stati channel; per AP? get the developers in a room, order some pizza, and get this done.

I understand that ARM *works* for people who never deployed wifi... but some of use do know, and yall are p*ssing us off.