Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  ION Release 1.3 is out !

Posted 11-04-2019 04:37 PM

Seems like Firmware Release 1.3 is here. So far I spotted the following:

• Facebook and external guest portal
    • more detailed statistics, especially most visited sites etc.
    • Ability to deny allow/access of individual traffic categories on a per SSID basis
    • changed UI here and there, like new icons in device view

I am certain release notes will follow if not already there somewhere.
    Great new stuff indeed !

Axel

• 2.  RE: ION Release 1.3 is out !

Posted 11-05-2019 08:31 AM
    Thank Axel, I missed the update. It's funny, I was just thinking the other day that we were duped thinking we would get software updates....and there one comes. The content filter by SSID was a little tricky to find (you go under applications, find the category and then it has sliders for each network) We can still dream for per SSID bw limits, but I expect that'd be a fundamental change where they'd have to elect one AP to as the controller.

• 3.  RE: ION Release 1.3 is out !

Posted 11-05-2019 12:30 PM

bcrawfo2,

there are per SSID bandwidth limits - go to "Network", <any ssid> and select the "Options" tab. This, however, applies "per client", or "session" and not system wide for all users of a given SSID.

Is a system wide bandwidth limit for a given SSID what you wish for? If so, you could implement this by applying VLAN tagging on a SSID and use some sort of traffic shaping on the firewall or router....

• 4.  RE: ION Release 1.3 is out !

Posted 11-05-2019 02:53 PM

Thanks @axthemax    I get that solution.  Just looking at ways to deploy these in various environments that might not have bw control capabilities.

• 5.  RE: ION Release 1.3 is out !

Employee
    Posted 11-05-2019 10:35 AM