Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Disable 2.4Ghz Radio and/or exclude specific channels.

Posted 12-06-2019 01:04 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to provide advanced users options to tweak their setup? I currently have 4x IAP-205 and 1x IAP-305 setup in my house and I'm looking to upgrade Instant On. I purchased an AP11 and AP12 for testing. Two options that I believe would benefit users would be:

1. The option to disable the 2.4Ghz radio, I try to use exclusively 5Ghz with line of sight, I don't require 2.4Ghz enabled on every AP. 

2. The option to exclude ARM from picking certain channels, I have an extensive Sonos installation running Sonosnet on Channel 6. It would be nice to tell the Instant On APs to not be able to use Channel 6 so that they aren't interferring with each other. 

Is there a feature roadmap available anywhere? 

I have to say that otherwise I am impressed with Instant On, I like the app over IAP Virtual Controller. 

Thanks,
    Scott.

• 2.  RE: Disable 2.4Ghz Radio and/or exclude specific channels.

Posted 02-06-2020 12:06 PM

Thank you to the Instant On team for adding the features mentioned above in version 1.4.0

These features have allowed me to retire my IAP-205/305's and move to AIO, I now also feel comfortable recommending the product to others.

The only feature missing for me now is the ability to use zones with each SSID so that I can have a certain AP only broadcast a specific SSID. I know Client Match is supposed to steer clients to the best AP but I've found that it doesn't always work that way, especially with non-mobile devices. My solution in the past was to have all the AP broadcast an SSID that was used for roaming clients (phones, tablets, laptops, etc.), then each individual AP would also broadcast a unique SSID, I would set all non-mobile devices (thermostat, energy monitor, smartplug) in the same room to connect to this unique SSID/specific AP. 

Anyways, thanks again Team! Looking forward to future updates!

• 3.  RE: Disable 2.4Ghz Radio and/or exclude specific channels.

Employee
    Posted 02-06-2020 08:47 PM

@scott83 Latest release 1.4.0 does offer the 2 options you are looking for! If your APs are not updated yet, you can change the update schedule on the site management page.