Everything Instant On

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Open Guest Network Security - 1.4 Version - DOES NOT WORK with external Captive Portal

• 1.  Open Guest Network Security - 1.4 Version - DOES NOT WORK with external Captive Portal

Posted 02-04-2020 02:01 AM

I just updated my AP firmware and Mobile Apps to the new one (1.4). I tried to create one SSID with Open Guest Network Security. I have a VLAN 200 for the clients. All the connected client will be redirected to my external RADIUS Server. Unfortunately while clients already connected and successfuly obtain the IP Address from the dhcp server, the pop-up display appear but it shows blank page. Sometimes it shows (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT).
    I also create a Employee Network with WPA2 security. I set the vlan 200 as well. After my clients connected to the SSID, a pop-up display appear and the captive portal appear. Simply the clients just received a normal internet connection with expected security phases.
    I also compare the Open Guest Network Security on AION  with Aruba Instant AP. The SSID on Aruba Instant AP just working fine as expected while the AION did not.
    Please advise. Thank you

• 2.  RE: Open Guest Network Security - 1.4 Version - DOES NOT WORK with external Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 02-04-2020 10:24 AM

@KGT-Rangga We do now have the option for the NAS identifier using a single IP address to originate from. Try that option and if you continue to have issues please reach out to support for assistance.