Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 10-04-2019 01:44 PM
    Hi!
    I got AP15 with SW version 1.2.0

According to manual there must be “Captive portal” on/off switch. But there is no such switch in Identification tab.

If External (Bridged) mode enabled, clients are still redirected to Aruba’s Captive portal.

Is there any way to totally disable Captive portal?

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2019 09:37 PM

@Yegor - As you noticed, this option is not in the current software release. However, we keep enhancing software with new capabilities and features.

• 3.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 12-12-2019 02:21 AM

@prince thank you.

We have an issue with this feature. As it is in offcical manual, but it is not in Aruba portal.

We sold several APs to customer and we expected them to work as it was in manual.

Customer has it's own captive portal with SMS and other authentication ways which is not possible to make in current Aruba software release.

Is there any undocumented option to disable CP?

It is important for me, because another way I will need to buy these APs back from customer.

Which is not good because they were already used.

Hope there is a solution.

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 12-12-2019 11:42 AM

This is NOT a good start for a new product. If you have something documented in the manual, this must be a working feature in the software. Reading through this forum I am starting to see more reasons not to sell this product to customers, then benefits to using the Instant On product. 

• 5.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Employee
    Posted 12-13-2019 03:02 PM

@Yegor , @MeowserKat  - Could you please point me to the area within the User Guide which states that the captive portal can be disabled? I reviewed all the documentation again but I am unable to find where the documentation states that the captive portal can be disabled. The User Guide should not be stating that as the product does not support that yet.

In any case, I completely understand the need to have an open network without any captive portal. I cannot publically state when and if this will be supported in the product. However, be on the lookout for additional enhancements coming to Instant On.

• 6.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 12-18-2019 12:31 AM

@prince 

On the page 28

4. Select one of the following security levels:
    a. Welcome page—If you do not wish to secure the network with a password OR if you want to
    redirect users to your Captive Portal page before being able to access the network. For more
    information, see Enabling Captive Portal.

and on the page 29 

"Slide the Show Captive Portal toggle switch to the right ( ) to enable captive portal."

There is no such toggle switch niether in Mobile App nor in Web Portal.

"Attach photo to post" function is not working so here is link to screenshot - https://yadi.sk/i/w9D9w_dmuV-3-Q

• 7.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 12-23-2019 12:22 PM

I very much hope that the option to turn off the captive portal will be introduced soon. Otherwise I will not be able to use the InstantON APs for many upcoming projects.

Even with extremely good intentions I cannot understand that such a basic function is not available.

• 8.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 02-24-2020 04:31 AM

Hi @prince !

So now there is Open SSID network in configuration BUT.

But it seems that Client Isolation isolates clients from any other devices in the Wireless network. And it is still not possible to use our own Captive Portal, because client diveces have no access to it.

How to sort it out?

Thank you.

• 9.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Posted 05-26-2020 12:55 AM

Hi!

Finally we got working CP after last firmware update. Software version now - Version 2.0.1

It works with these parameters:

IP and network assignment -> Same as a local network (Bridged mode)

Network access -> Restricted access (default) -> [Add your CP gateway IP address to exclusions]

Thanks to Aruba team.

• 10.  RE: How to disable CaptivePortal

Employee
    Posted 07-01-2020 05:45 PM

Glad that it works for you now. Thank you for your feedback to help us improve the product.