Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Guest clients isolation

Posted 03-06-2020 03:41 PM

Hi

At 1 of my sites, I'd like to have the isolation turned off. Is it possible?

Guest needs to print...

• 2.  RE: Guest clients isolation

Posted 03-09-2020 05:56 AM

I think it cannot disable this feature because client should not communicate to each other.
    This is security concern.

• 3.  RE: Guest clients isolation

Employee
    Posted 03-10-2020 02:02 PM

Hi - if your network is created as Type 'Guest' - client isolation is turned on - and even more, you are not able to reach anything within private address space (10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/16). 

If you would like to have communication between wireless (and wired) clients, you should create your network as Type = Employee, where you will loose option of using Captive portal.

• 4.  RE: Guest clients isolation

Posted 11-02-2020 03:05 AM
    Hi!

If my device is in the Employee network (and has a private address, of course), will it be able to communicate with a device in the Guest network? For example, I would have an android station in the Employee network, which should manage IOT devices in the Guest network.

------------------------------
    Alyona Sol

• 5.  RE: Guest clients isolation

Employee
    Posted 11-02-2020 11:48 AM
    @sola Employee networks do not have isolation and Guest networks do have isolation turned on. What you can do is create two employee networks and as long as your router/gateway allows communication between the networks you should be go.

Greg Thiesen