Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  AP11D as router - then buying a Switch

Posted 11-03-2020 10:21 AM
    Hello community,
    I had previously created a site with AP11D as router, and 3 aditionals AP11 wired to AP11D;
    Recently I purchased a 1930 switch and connected wan and all aps to it. 
    Did I need to reconfigure all aps from scratch or just connect them? My special concern is with AP11D. It seems the others APs only "work" when AP11D is connected!

• 2.  RE: AP11D as router - then buying a Switch

Employee
    Posted 11-04-2020 10:34 AM
    Your AP11D is your router and default gateway to the internet. What you can do is connect your AP11D to your WAN and then connect your 1930 to the AP11D and then connect your other AP11's to the 1930 and they should work.

------------------------------
    Greg Thiesen

• 3.  RE: AP11D as router - then buying a Switch

Posted 11-05-2020 07:21 AM
    Greg, thanks for the reply but I think I didn´t express myself correctly. I think that in this new situation where I have the 1930 switch, the AP11D as a router would be a bottleneck. What I thought was start everything from scratch, connecting the modem wan port and all APs to the switch, so the AP11D is no longer the router. Shouldn´t this configuration work better in terms of performance?

• 4.  RE: AP11D as router - then buying a Switch
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 11-05-2020 11:21 AM
    As long as you have a router in place that you have purchased or if you are using the one provided by the ISP there is no need to have two routers in place. You can test this out by deleting your current site and remove all devices and build a new one.

Greg Thiesen