Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  What does "Ability to provide a specific set of DNS servers to clients." mean?

Posted 12-11-2020 06:28 PM
    What does "Ability to provide a specific set of DNS servers to clients." mean and where is it configured?

Update:

I found it within the Settings on the Inventory Page.

I see that this is a global Setting.
    Would it be possible to add a DNS Setting to the NATed Network Option?

Currently it is only possible to set the Network IP and Subnet Mask within an SSID when a NATed Network is used.

If someone wants to use DNS Webfilter it is currently not possible to set different DNS Servers vor different SSIDs.

------------------------------
    Bjoern Ebner

• 2.  RE: What does "Ability to provide a specific set of DNS servers to clients." mean?

Posted 12-13-2020 09:51 PM
    I also wish that this would be a per SSID option if you are using the NATed option. ​

• 3.  RE: What does "Ability to provide a specific set of DNS servers to clients." mean?

Employee
    Posted 12-14-2020 02:58 PM
    The DNS configuration will apply when an Instant On acts as the DHCP server (NAT/Gateway) to all DHCP clients (including other Instant On devices if applicable).

Greg Thiesen

• 4.  RE: What does "Ability to provide a specific set of DNS servers to clients." mean?

Posted 12-14-2020 04:45 PM
    I know.

Would it be possible to give an option to define DNS Servers per Network or SSID and not global?

I think to define this globally is a step in the right direction.

But I think the ability to define this per Network would be great.

Bjoern Ebner