Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  1930 Switch as Router/Firewall?

Posted 06-17-2021 01:21 PM
    I've nearly settled on Aruba Instant On for a new home network installation, but there are a couple final details I haven't been able to confirm elsewhere about the included router and firewall functionality.

1. I'd like to get a 1930 switch to provide POE to several AP22's and to connect a NAS and other wired devices. Can the 1930 switch function in "Router Mode" in place of the AP11D in this video? In other words, can I securely have a setup like the one in this video without the corporate network router?
    2. If I later want more advanced firewall functionality between my VLANs (e.g. for a segregated IOT network), can I change the switch to use "Private Network Mode" behind a non-Aruba router/firewall edge device?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Steven

• 2.  RE: 1930 Switch as Router/Firewall?

Posted 06-18-2021 11:57 AM
    lehrblogger

the 1930 switches can not operate as a router or gateway, the only device that offers this funtion is the AP11D.
    You can easily replace the AP11D with a non-Aruba router/firewall solution. As a matter of fact, most of our deployments use a 3rd party router of firewall, either the ISP's router or a non Aruba firewall we control ourselves. for complexer setups. We then use the firewall to route traffic between separate VLANS...

Yousch Karimi

• 3.  RE: 1930 Switch as Router/Firewall?

Posted 06-22-2021 01:43 AM
    That's helpful, thank you @yousch!​

Steven

• 4.  RE: 1930 Switch as Router/Firewall?

This message was posted by a user wishing to remain anonymous
    Posted 06-29-2021 01:51 AM
    This post was removed