Everything Instant On

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

2 bugs - Device not showing IP address in device list despite having one, other devices only show up in device list intermittently

• 1.  2 bugs - Device not showing IP address in device list despite having one, other devices only show up in device list intermittently

Posted 05-23-2021 11:25 PM

I have one PC on my network (AP11D and 1930 8G, latest version 2.3.0) that is given an IP address by the AP11D, but the aruba instanton interface does not list any IP for the address in the device list page. All other devices show an IP address. I've waited over 24 hours to see if it would show up, but it does not. This is a frustrating bug and not something that is acceptable in an "enterprise" product line. The link to give it a reserved IP is also missing, but by going to the IP reservation part of the UI via another device, I can see the device and reserve an IP for it. It's bizarre.
    Additionally, I have two raspberry PIs on the network. But they appear and disappear in the connected devices list. It seems like if they are not actively transmitting for a short period of time, they disappear.

Both of these bugs are pretty frustrating, because I'd like to see the IPs of connected devices and then be able to use those IPs to do things like SSH/Remote Desktop. But instead I have to connect a monitor and keyboard to the pis and desktop PC to reliably get their IP addresses.

------------------------------
    Nicholas Neumann

• 2.  RE: 2 bugs - Device not showing IP address in device list despite having one, other devices only show up in device list intermittently

Posted 05-24-2021 01:53 PM
    Is your PC connected to the LAN via a wired, or wireless connection? If it's wired, then I have the same issue - It doesn't matter if the client is assigned an IP address via DHCP or static, this IP address doesn't show in the "Connected Clients" list:

I don't have an AP11D in my network, the DHCP scopes are configured on an OPNsense firewall.

I use Nmap to get the IP address of the headless clients, so I am not too bothered about this bug.

Valentin Voica

• 3.  RE: 2 bugs - Device not showing IP address in device list despite having one, other devices only show up in device list intermittently

Posted 05-28-2021 05:57 AM
    Same here, anything wired on the network does NOT show an IP address. I need to go to my internet router and find it.

--------
    RR
    --------