Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  AIO as an MSP

Posted 11-27-2020 07:12 AM
    I have been impressed with AIO so far and have deployed a few for clients. Easy to setup and configure etc.

I would though like to see 2FA on the portal. As an MSP if anyone gets into this then they could have a good time with all the client sites and that is something I want to avoid. This is actually stopping me deploying to more sites currently.

Also, I would like to be able to give the end user client the ability to login to their own site but only as a read-only user just so they can monitor the wifi but not change any settings. Setting changes will come through me and the change-management process I have in place.

Thanks

Rob

• 2.  RE: AIO as an MSP

Posted 12-11-2020 06:44 AM
    We second this.

We use the two accounts connected to each site, one for the customer and one for our central use. It's not good in the long run though.

• 3.  RE: AIO as an MSP

Posted 12-12-2020 07:52 PM
    Totally agree.  it a great platform but seems to bare little concern or responsibility for secure access.  

You can view the wifi passwords in the platform too!!!! Which, if there was MFA it would be no concern.

It is totally unacceptable that a web product in 2020 serving a platform as vulnerable as Wi-Fi is without MFA.

I have hammered the support about this for months to no avail.  The HP support team neither acknowledge nor seem to care about this serious oversight.

What is really odd is how simple the feature is to implement making its non-existence even more perplexing.  

Its so strange for a company like HP to be so blasé about something so imperative.

------------------------------
    F L

• 4.  RE: AIO as an MSP

Posted 12-12-2020 07:52 PM
    Totally agree Rob,

HP neither seem to acknowledge or care about this serious oversight.

F L

• 5.  RE: AIO as an MSP

Posted 12-13-2020 09:18 AM
    i have requested this feature since the launch of the platform. I can't understand why Aruba hasn't provided this feature by now, it should be a standard...
    In the portal a lot of sensitive data is available and if a hacker can get control of the portal, he can easily provide a wireless access to get onto the main network... so yes this is a very serious security issue. i can not imagine that implementing MFA access is so difficult since almost any product and platform supports this...?

Yousch Karimi

• 6.  RE: AIO as an MSP

Posted 12-13-2020 09:24 AM
    my original request for MFA dates from November 14th 2019!  https://community.arubainstanton.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=5b50a289-b8f0-4773-89bb-c088f3ba2d03&CommunityKey=a4b58376-185c-4dc9-94f0-46c6c41cde57&tab=digestviewer#bm5b50a289-b8f0-4773-89bb-c088f3ba2d03

Yousch Karimi