Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Issues with Radio power settings & roaming

Posted 11-17-2020 05:09 AM
    Hello,

in many cases we have difficulties with signal levels and roaming between APs. Will it be possible in near fututre (is it on roadmap anywhere) to have a possiblity to manually adjust the power levels for APs? Additionaly, we noticed that clients have difficulties with roaming (the signal goes down completely, the client looses connectivity and has to wait for the AP to adjust the power levels to be able to connect again) - where is ClientMatch to solve this issues here?

This is NOT something an SMB customer wants to happen if we are talking about an "always on", "set it and forget it" network as advertised!

This is very important if we want to stay competitive with Ubiquity, Mikrotik, Meraki GO, etc...

Knowing that the AP11, AP12, AP15 are exact hardware copies of AP-303, AP-305, AP-315, it is very annoying that we are not able to have the same coverage  and reliable roaming as with the Instant brothers.

Thanks in advance!

BR,

Kristijan Walter

• 2.  RE: Issues with Radio power settings & roaming

Posted 01-02-2021 04:04 PM

I agree, I have 2 AP22s (of three) deployed, and an AP17, and I'm holding off on the third AP22 because I can't reliably get devices to connect to the "closest" AP. I'll have a device connect to my AP17 while outside, as they should. They refuse to roam to either of the indoor APs, despite there being 30+ feet and multiple walls and floors between the AP17 and the AP22s. 

Being able to tweak either signal strength or RSSI to help promote roaming would be a big help. If Aruba is aiming to take market from UniFi, they are dropping the ball. It should be easy based on the continued missteps and hardware unavailability from Ubiquiti. 

------------------------------
    F L

• 3.  RE: Issues with Radio power settings & roaming

Posted 02-26-2021 11:19 AM
    I too have a similar issue.
    The PS4 absolutely insists it is connected to the furthest AP11D on a different floor.
    Despite having line of sight to one that is less than half the distance AND two walls away.

F