Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  WIFI vlan assignment

Posted 04-19-2021 02:24 PM
    I was wondering what are the VLAN options of the wifi devices.

Can I have 4 vlans assigned to 4 ssid names ?
    Or even better can I use Radius (running elsewhere) assign vlan to certain users per se ? and through same SSID ?

Also one more question, I have installed numerous of Aruba switches from the enterprise lineup, can I use the same web tool to manage instannt on plus my previous installation ?

Thanks !!

• 2.  RE: WIFI vlan assignment

Posted 04-20-2021 01:19 PM

HI.

Yes you can have 4 vlans assigned to 4 SSIDs and yes you can also user RADIUS IETF:Tunnel-Private-Group-Id to select vlan for a user. Tested and works as expected.

Best, Gorazd

------------------------------
    Gorazd Kikelj

• 3.  RE: WIFI vlan assignment

Posted 04-21-2021 04:41 AM
    Thank you for the prompt and quick answer !

What about the admin part, can I have it on the same cloud site as the aruba switches ?

Also since internet is not always available on the particular client, will I be able to manage locally the APs ?

• 4.  RE: WIFI vlan assignment

Posted 04-21-2021 04:44 AM
    APs can only be managed in the Aruba Instant On Portal.
    Switches can be managed in the Aruba Instant on Portal OR Locally.

Both (APs and Switches) can and should be managed in the same Site when both are managed in the AIO Portal.

Bjoern Ebner

• 5.  RE: WIFI vlan assignment

Posted 04-21-2021 05:01 AM
    Hi.

Yes, you can have it in the same InstantON site as APs. For me this is a preferred way.

Best, Gorazd

Gorazd Kikelj

• 6.  RE: WIFI vlan assignment
    Best Answer

Posted 04-25-2021 12:04 PM
    You can't manage the Aruba switches from the enterprise line with the Aruba InstantOn portal. Aruba Central is used for the enterprise gear if you pay for that license.
    The only Aruba's you can control via the cloud are the 1930's. They are a great value but different operating system than you're used to in the Enterprise line.