Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  How long is this for?

Posted 04-02-2021 09:31 AM

I didn't see anything anywhere on the website about how long this will be around.  I know it's a perpetual license (no renewals needed) but that it depends on the cloud management service to make any configuration changes.  So, this brings up an incredibly important question:

How long is HP / Aruba agreeing to provide this service after purchase, and at what time will they have the right to terminate service (or make it a paid subscription)?

Obviously they won't be providing this same service, compatible with today's hardware, until the end of time.  There has to be a line somewhere, and network vendors see things very differently than small-business bean-counters when it comes to how long to keep hardware for (my work is just now looking to replace a phone system from the early 2000's).  Can we count on Instant On's cloud component not to be the limiting factor in the product's life, and if so, is there something in writing to back it up, or just our trust in HP's good faith (when they will be the ones trying to sell us the new version)?

• 2.  RE: How long is this for?

Employee
    Posted 04-13-2021 03:37 PM
    Please review the foundation care document.

https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/AIO/MigratedAttachments2/16F95FA6-4399-41F4-ADB5-2F4DDD21E03D-1-SVB_AIO_FoundationCare_080720.pdf

• 3.  RE: How long is this for?

Posted 04-14-2021 12:42 AM
    And where, exactly, can I find pricing for this. Preferably in JPY but actually finding out clues about this service beyond "it exists" would be a great start.
    I want to buy about 15 of these for Mister Moneybags and ... do I really need to go through an HP reseller?

------------------------------
    Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 4.  RE: How long is this for?

Employee
    Posted 04-14-2021 10:45 AM
    Your local Aruba/HPE reseller or any online e-tailer would be able to assist you.

• 5.  RE: How long is this for?

Posted 04-14-2021 07:58 PM
    And that is precisely the problem. Nothing online.

NTT-X ... nothing,

HPE ... tried talking to them when you aren't a huge construction company?

I don't really want to have to use connections to a company beginning with P headquartered in Osaka just to get basic information like
    "HOW MUCH"

Still can't change my name from FL17!