Everything Instant On

View Only
  • 1.  Wireless Access : Multiple InstantOn APs in one "site" spanning different branch offices/subnets

Posted 03-04-2021 01:16 PM
    Hey guys - hoping someone can provide a little advice!  I am completely new to the Aruba platform and currently evaluating some devices in the hope it can replace our ageing Cisco Wi-Fi kit.

So I have setup my first AP11 device and really impressed by how easy it was and loving the rich features etc.  I have now got a second AP11 that I am hoping to setup, but suddenly things aren't so easy!  I maintain the IT for a business that comprises of 6 geographical locations, so I am hoping to have multiple APs at each location - each broadcasting a corporate and guest Wi-Fi SSID.  

I have just plugged my second AP11 device into a PoE switch and have the power light flashing green and amber.  Then trying to add a new device via the Instant On app, but my device cannot be found!?  I am now wondering if this is because I am situated on an entirely different network to my first device?  Or should that be okay?  (if not okay, I will have to re-think my whole approach!).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

------------------------------
    Tim Cunnell

• 2.  RE: Wireless Access : Multiple InstantOn APs in one "site" spanning different branch offices/subnets

Employee
    Posted 03-04-2021 05:41 PM
    Tim,

The AP's in one site must all be in the same VLAN in order to communicate and share the configuration.

• 3.  RE: Wireless Access : Multiple InstantOn APs in one "site" spanning different branch offices/subnets

Posted 03-05-2021 03:06 PM
    Hi Tim,

You can still add many sites to your setup, each can have up to 25 APs that share the same WLANs
    Regards

Samy

Samy Masihy