Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Tolino eBook Reader can't connect

Posted 09-09-2020 03:17 PM

Hey,

having a weird issue. AP15 & AP22 in use, a Tolino Ebook reader cant connect to the WIFI. It keeps searching for DHCP, if I look in the router debug logs it is sending out offers but the reader seems never to receive them asking again for a IP. This goes on and on.

It's not a router issue, connected it to a TP-Link AP on the same router works instandly. Is there anything in the ION config which could prevent the reader from getting a IP? KNown issues with e.g. band steering? The reader only have a 2.4Ghz chip no 5Ghz.

Thanks for Ideas

• 2.  RE: Tolino eBook Reader can't connect

Employee
    Posted 09-09-2020 05:56 PM

@MarcoG  Try and turning WiFi6 off since you have a AP22, if that does not fix your issue reach out to support and open a support case.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/ 

• 3.  RE: Tolino eBook Reader can't connect

Posted 09-13-2020 11:47 AM

Yes it's indeed the Wifi-6 but a bit stranger than 0 or 1.

After I turned Wifi6 off, the device intstantly connected. After that I tried to turn it back on and rebooted the eReader. Funny thing is, it is still connecting now without any problems even Wifi6 is off.

Maybe someting to do with a not well working Bandsteering if the device could connect to 5Ghz Wifi6? 

The reader is only capable of 5 Ghz so this is what makes me a bit confused why this worked.

However, it's running now even Wifi 6 is on.