Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP goes into "Waiting to be onboarded..." intermittently

Posted 10-20-2020 01:32 PM

I have two Aruba Instant On AP12 running version 2.1.1.0 (77348.1).

A reoccuring issue is that suddenly one or both starts flashing between green and amber.

When I go into the webUI of them they are in status

Instant On portal status
    Connecting...
    Device onboarding status
    Waiting to be onboarded...
    Device local time
    2019-11-10 04:34:39 (UTC)
    Instant On portal message
    NETWORK_FAILED_CONNECT(-3)
    Device onboarding message
    -

However I noticed that even though both of them are in this state now, my phone is still connected to the WiFi.
    One thing I reacted on was that the time on both APs is way of as you can see, its not 2019 now. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    Seeing as I am still able to use the WiFi apparently the annoying part is the flashing lights. 
    The phone app says that 0/2 devices are online and 0 clients connected. And I am logging into the app using my phone which is connected to the WiFi it says is down : )

So, has anyone else experienced this? I can ping both APs over the network and there is no issues reaching the internet.

• 2.  RE: AP goes into "Waiting to be onboarded..." intermittently

Employee
    Posted 10-20-2020 02:58 PM

@jontaa Please make sure the following ports (TCP 80, TCP 443, and UDP 123) are not blocked on the backend,
    so that the Instant On AP has connectivity to the Internet.

• 3.  RE: AP goes into "Waiting to be onboarded..." intermittently

Posted 10-21-2020 06:36 AM

All ports are open to the internet, which also shows because the APs works for weeks or months before they have this issue.

I let them just be since yesterday and now they are green again and says they are connected.

Even if the internet was down (it wasn't) they should't go into "Waiting to be onboarded.." state, right? They are already onboarded.

• 4.  RE: AP goes into "Waiting to be onboarded..." intermittently

Employee
    Posted 10-21-2020 10:05 AM

@jontaa  Please reach out to support to assist in troubleshooting your network.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/