Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  How long will Instant ON access points be supported? 3 years seems short...

Posted 09-30-2020 06:36 AM

Hi,

In https://www.arubainstanton.com/files/SB_AIO_Foundation-Care-Support-Services.pdf I found access points get 3 years of Foundation Care. As written; Foundation Care includes software support. 

If there are no licence fee's but access points only get 3 years of soft-/firmware updates (after adding them to the portal?), then I would have to replace products (with amazing MTBF specs Heart) way to soon.

This would be a hidden licence fee, needing to trow access points away after 3 years also would be environmentally bad.

Shoudn't the document say "Access points wil get at least 3 years of soft-/firmware updates after the product goes end of sale"? 

I don't need new features, but long term security updates are mandatory.

Can I get a clear answer?

• 2.  RE: How long will Instant ON access points be supported? 3 years seems short...
    Best Answer

Employee
    Posted 09-30-2020 01:23 PM

@SirHC  Firmware updates/patches will be for the lifetime of the product as they will be pushed through the cloud. What foundation care is giving you is access to is next business day arrival on part replacement, 24x7 phone support, and 24x7 chat support for 3 years. Thank you for bringing this to our attention we will pass this along to product management to review.

• 3.  RE: How long will Instant ON access points be supported? 3 years seems short...

Posted 09-30-2020 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the swift reply. Digging further I learned for $45 per AP the 90 days support can be extended to 3yrs. And this has nothing to do with security patches.

I still can't find documentation on how long access points will be supported with (security)patches.
    Lifetime would be nice, AP22 has a MTBF of 91yrs, but I'm ok with a solid 12 or so.
    Would be nice to find some documentation on this.

• 4.  RE: How long will Instant ON access points be supported? 3 years seems short...

Posted 01-03-2021 11:13 PM

Hello,

I'm in the process of setting up 2 places and I'm wondering this too. What is the planned lifetime of access points. How long until EOL?

------------------------------
    F L

• 5.  RE: How long will Instant ON access points be supported? 3 years seems short...

Employee
    Posted 01-04-2021 01:29 PM
    The Instant On AP's were released a little over a year ago and do not have an EOL.
    Here is a link to foundation care https://community.arubainstanton.com/blogs/gregory-weaver1/2020/09/29/aio-foundation-care

Greg Thiesen