Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Posted 10-09-2020 12:17 PM

Hello Everyone, please I need some help here before decide my next AP.

My Scenario.

I’m home user, and now I’m working from home. I want to separate my networks and devices creating a Vlan for my work, another Vlan for home users, Vlan for Iot and another for guests. I want to separate in different Vlans in order to avoid mixing all these devices in the same network.

I have the ISP modem and one firewall, now I need the AP to be able to control and manage all the wireless connections end to end.

To achieve this, I’m planning to create a home network with 5/6 different SSID and Vlan for each of these accesses. I want to be able to give priority to my “work” (video conference, etc..) and my Home streaming video services.

My questions

1. How many SSIDs does the AP22 support?
    2. Can I configure different VLANs, if so, how many?
    3. Can I configure bandwidth allocation/priority for specific devices ?  Have the possibility to prioritize bandwidth depending on the device.

• 2.  RE: AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Employee
    Posted 10-09-2020 04:09 PM

@Net_Security We can support up to 8 SSID's per network. You can use the NAT mode on each SSID and create a different network. For each SSID you can set bandwidth per user but not able to prioritize.

• 3.  RE: AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Posted 10-09-2020 04:41 PM
    Thanks @GThiesen for your response. I’m not familiar with the NAT mode. How this will work with my firewall? When you say I can set bandwidth it isnt related to internet usage, example user 1 can use 1gb during the month. This is related to the allocation of the device in the wireless network. Is that correct? If this is correct, can you please how this is done by the AP 22. Thank you

• 4.  RE: AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Employee
    Posted 10-09-2020 06:05 PM

@Net_Security NAT mode will use your single IP of the AP that it received from DHCP and it will translate all networks behind it. So your firewall will only see a single IP Address. Here is a screenshot of setting up bandwidth and NAT on an SSID. Bandwidth only allows the clients to download and Upload at 5Mbps.

limit useage.JPG

• 5.  RE: AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Posted 10-18-2020 11:11 PM

I have a similar need. Does this mean it is not possible to create a work, home and IOT SSID and assign each of them to their own vlan with the instant ap's?

• 6.  RE: AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Posted 10-19-2020 06:12 AM
    You can also set up to 8 SSID's, all with different VLAN's.

Per SSID you can choose bridged mode (with or without assigning a VLAN) or NAT mode and the accesspoint wil act as DHPC server itself.

• 7.  RE: AP22 - VLAN - SSID - Bandwidth allocation/prioritization

Posted 10-19-2020 01:52 PM

Thank you for clearing that up, that's excellent news, I was getting worried for a minute!