Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  2.5G WiFi (WAN) 5G (internal) with Firewall between

Posted 10-13-2020 12:31 AM

Hi Community,

I’m interested in a device which will allow a way to connect to a WAN point at 2.5G and use the 5G network for internal LAN. The reason is using the device as an access point in a caravan (RV). The reason being each night we move location we need to connect to the caravan (RV) site WiFi with all devices which is far from ideal for many reasons, security, troublesome (configure many devices) etc.

So, does Aruba have a device whcih can be configured in the following structure?

Device to connect caravan.png

Thus, the only change when arriving at the next caravan site is to configure the WiFi access on the WAN (2.5G) side and all devices will connect via the internal LAN network.

Thanks,

Stuart.

#Firewall
    #WAN
    #DualWiFi
    #LAN

• 2.  RE: 2.5G WiFi (WAN) 5G (internal) with Firewall between

Employee
    Posted 10-13-2020 11:11 AM

@StuartWhitehead Aruba Instant ON does not offer a solution.

• 3.  RE: 2.5G WiFi (WAN) 5G (internal) with Firewall between

Employee
    Posted 10-13-2020 10:16 PM

@StuartWhiteheadLook at the Aruba 501 Wireless Client Bridge product.  If your uplink is a WiFi connection, and you can connect an Ethernet link to your internal RV network router/firewall, this product may work for you.

• 4.  RE: 2.5G WiFi (WAN) 5G (internal) with Firewall between

Posted 10-14-2020 11:09 PM

@GThiesen and @Stephane, thanks for the details I through this might be the case, i.e. the only option being combining multiple devices.

Hoping one day this type of solution can become simplified, have a great weekend.