Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Captive Portal

Posted 11-16-2019 12:25 AM

Hello,

We need to setup a captive portal with a user / password login.

We don't find the user database or any autentication support. 

How could I setup captive portal with user/pwd access? 

DEVICE: 6 X AP15 

#captiveportal

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 11-18-2019 11:22 AM

@andreagxARUBA  We currently support external captive portal and facebook. You could also create an employee SSID with a PSK as another option.

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal

Posted 11-18-2019 11:53 AM
    Can you provide more information about External Captive portal and Facebook? Facebook as auth for Guests? tnx

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 11-18-2019 12:43 PM

@andreagxARUBA Here are a few screenshots of configuring each option.External.JPGFacebook.JPG

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal

Posted 11-19-2019 12:04 PM

Really for "provide more information" you provide some screenshots?

So we have: No user DB for Captive portal, No Channel management, Poor administration options, Only community support, poor documentation

With all due respect...I see competitors far ahead.  I think this devices are less than a game just now.. 

Thank you

• 6.  RE: Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 11-20-2019 05:14 PM

Hi thanks for sharing your feedback and your activity on the community. Please note that we do provide 24x7 phone and chat support for 90 days and chat support for upto a year. This is addressing your statement "only community support". Please feel free to contact support and they will be happy to help in any way.

We have purposely limited channel management since we have Adaptive radio management constantly running in the background to optimize performance. Could you tell us what administrative options you are referring to?

Also, what info did you need about Captive portal and FB authentication?

• 7.  RE: Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 11-20-2019 06:07 PM
    @andreagxARUBA, so you have 2 solutions to setup a captive portal for your needs: 1) Create a guest network and select Facebook as Guest Portal. The users connecting on your guest network will be redirected to your page on Facebook before getting access to the network. 2) Create a guest network and select External as Guest Portal. In this case, you will need to set-up your own external captive portal or use a captive portal from a 3rd party. Your list of users will be managed using a Radius server. Your external captive portal will provide the page for users to log in. Let me know what documentation you are looking for and feel free to send me private messages if you have questions on configuration. Thank you