Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Site-Geolocation restrictions for AP

Posted 07-19-2020 09:14 AM

Dear Team;

It seems that the ap's from the US are now geo-restricted to work only in the US. I from the middle east and we have purchased a set of equipment to test on and when we were working on version 1.4.1 there was no geo-restriction on making site location. The AP's that were bought are no longer deployable which is a large issue for me as there is no local supplier for these products within the middle east.

I have a future order worth a 60ish ap's I would like your support to find a re-seller that has the ap and works in middleast region.

Note: my assumption that all the AP's will be working globaly due to the statement in the link:

https://community.arubainstanton.com/t5/Blogs/Aruba-Instant-On-Frequently-Asked-Questions/ba-p/168

Q: Is Instant On available globally?

Instant On access points will be available globally.

regards

Abdulaziz

• 2.  RE: Site-Geolocation restrictions for AP

Employee
    Posted 07-20-2020 11:10 AM

@Abdulaziz Here are the current country regions. (US)United States, (JP)Japan, (IL)Isreal, (EG)Egypt, if you do not live in one of these regions then you would use (RW) Rest of World. The datasheets will show you the correct product numbers that you can take to your local reseller and purchase from.