Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AIO - First Usage and Impressions

Posted 10-17-2019 06:45 AM

Hi all,

Recently setup a new AIO device and thought I would share my experience with it so far.

Setting up as a basic device is a doddle. Really straight forward using the app and was up and working in minutes no issues. I then decided to take it up to the next level and configure on our corporate network with radius, and the only issue I had was trying to do this on the app, there were no instructions or links to a web based URL to use instead so after inquiring with a very helpful Aruba representative they provided me with the URL so I could log in and use to configure and setup so didn't have to do it all via the app and so continued to setup radius via that (the URL is https://portal.arubainstanton.com if anyone needs it as I found this hard to find!).

Once on setting up on radius was easy as well and is currently working well along side my existing wireless solution (as testing to see if I want to replace all our APs with Aruba IO).

The device is neat, simple to use and setup, app and web interfaces are nicely laid out and easy to use and get around and have been impressed with it so far. Performance seems good as well but I am about to put it into a more populated area to give it a real test but so far so good.

Only criticism was the lack of info that the web url was available at all to manage your devices, it pushes you to use the app which is great, but I think the web portal is equally as good and should be on the instructions and advertised as much as the app is as they are both equal and personally in a business environment I find it easier to manage from my computer via the web portal than going onto my phone via the app. Only other issue I noticed as the wrong power adapter for the device was shipped, but this was separate so assuming it was just a shipping error but I am using over POE anyway so made no difference.

Overall I think its a great device, although wouldnt expect anything else from Aruba, and will continue to use it with a view of potentially replacing all our APs here over to Aruba.

• 2.  RE: AIO - First Usage and Impressions

Employee
    Posted 10-20-2019 11:20 PM

@bakels - Thank you for sharing your experience here, appreciate your feedback. We will incorporate your feedback to ensure that the web portal URL location is well documented.

• 3.  RE: AIO - First Usage and Impressions

Employee
    Posted 11-04-2019 05:46 PM

Hi,

The How it Works page also has a link - https://www.arubainstanton.com/how-it-works/

Baed on your feedback we'll look at making the url more prominent in the docs sent in the box! 

Thanks,

Trent