Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 06-06-2020 08:04 AM

Is there any upper limit to the amount of devices (APs/Switches) allowed per site?

We have a site thats due for a refresh, and I'm proposing the AIO AP and perhaps the switches too if the price is right.

• 2.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 06-06-2020 09:33 AM

Hi @johzua 
    The devices that can be managed on each site is 25 at max. Including the new solution, switch, if you want to deploy any number of switch with or w/ AP, it must be not more than 25.

• 3.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 06-08-2020 02:35 PM
    What happens if I want to go beyond 25 APs? Just create another site?
    Are there any limit to the number of sites?

• 4.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Employee
    Posted 06-08-2020 05:01 PM

@johzua Yes create another site and you can support up to 150 sites per the main account.

• 5.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 02-16-2021 10:16 AM
    Is the definition of a "site" just arbitrary?  Or is that validated in some way by the cloud controller.  For example, if I have multiple buildings that I want to make each a "site" - but they all connect via underground fiber (L2 trunks) to a "core" building and then go out to the internet from there -- all NATing to the same IP address.  Does the cloud controller see that they're all coming from the same IP and set its maximum 25 limit per site based on that?  Or is it strictly just an administrative limitation and I can define a "site" however I see fit regardless of what public IP it NATs to?

------------------------------
    Adam Runcie

• 6.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 11-19-2020 09:06 PM
    Hi,

so we need design to minimalizing switch AIO to get much AccessPoint because it is limit 25 devices (AP + Switch). 
    is there any design for schools bulding, 1st+2nd floor site A, and 3rd+4th floor site B, is the roaming run smooth between each site where using external captive portal (student login page)?

Best regards,
    Feri​

• 7.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Employee
    Posted 11-20-2020 10:37 AM
    Feri different sites means different VLAN's and you typically would not do this in a school between floors as you would have to reauthenticate between sites. Here is the deployment guide for Instant ON.
    https://community.arubainstanton.com/blogs/jamie-easly1/2020/02/24/instant-on-deployment-guide

For this size network, you could use our Instant AP's
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/wireless/access-points

Greg Thiesen

• 8.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 12-06-2021 11:54 PM
    this is the clear statement I've search, so the maximum Aruba Instant On is 25 in one network.. 
    more than that, move to the Instant AP , Aruba Access Point in enterprise version. 
    Thank you for your answers Greg Thiesen​​

• 9.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Posted 11-20-2020 09:45 AM
    Hi!
    But if the switch is in local management mode, it won't be counted?

Alyona Sol

• 10.  RE: Maximum number of APs per site?

Employee
    Posted 11-20-2020 10:38 AM
    Only devices in the cloud portal will be counted.

Greg Thiesen