Instant On - Wireless

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast Intermittent

• 1.  Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-16-2020 11:29 AM
    I use AP11 running on OS 2.0.1. SSID employee, unrestricted access. Is there additional configuration to run chromecast / screen mirroring from android smartphone to MiTV on AIO?

I did run chromecast smoothly on previous AP (another brand).

• 2.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-16-2020 12:49 PM
    I'm using a chromecast and several chromecast capable devices with instant On APs (Wired and Meshed)

The models I use are AP15 and AP11d and I didn't need to configure anything to make it work.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-16-2020 05:08 PM
    What visibilty control do you use on AP15 and AP11D?
    When I use "Application activity summary", chromecast running well and smooth.
    But when I use "Application details" (this is default value), chromecast become intermittent.

• 4.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-17-2020 02:45 AM
    I used it with Application details before v2.0 and it was running fine.

Since a while I use Application activity summary.
    So i didn't use Application details with v2.0 so far.

• 5.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-18-2020 10:43 PM

Hi @Ibeme ,

I already tried it several times switched from "Application Details" to "Application Activity Summary".

The issue is sure from "Appilcation Details (default)". And in application details is show as "Uncategorized Application" in chromecast traffic. 

hopefully Aruba Instant On will fix it.

• 6.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-19-2020 09:49 AM

Here are also problems with Chromecast.

I have one AP11, version 2.0.1.

Android phone (Xperia L1) and the Chromecast (2015) connected to the 5GHz network. The 'Visibility And Control' setting is set to 'Application activity summary'.

Sometimes I have to press the Cast-button at least 5 times or restart the app, i.e. Youtube or Netflix. With my work phone (Samsung A8) or the wife's phone (Motorola) I am getting the same experience.

Something (the AP11?) is blocking broadcast/unicast/multicast traffic?

I'm thinking of getting two AP11's more, but if this issue is not resolved, I will have to reconsider.

A full-fledged modified IAP firmware is also welcome. Smiley LOL

• 7.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-20-2020 12:30 PM

@PD2JK I too am having issues with my Chromecast devices since the introduction of firmware v2.0.0 / v2.0.1 - Chromecast uses two different discovery protocols: mDNS and DIAL, all the mDNS applications seems to work good, but the services that use DIAL: Youtube, Netflix, Chrome are intermittent. I have two AndroidTV devices (2019 Nvidia Shield) and they randomly appear and disappearing as casting targets for those services.  

• 8.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 05-21-2020 04:37 PM
    @scott83
    Yep, those issues sounds familiar.
    Now we'll have to sit and wait?

Maybe an Aruba technician/representative would be kind to respond. Smiley Happy

• 9.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Employee
    Posted 05-22-2020 06:02 PM

We apologize for the issues our customers have reported recently with Chromecast devices. Our engineering team is investigating and we will provide updates as they are available.

• 10.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Employee
    Posted 06-05-2020 08:56 AM

@Feri Instant On 2.0.2 was released yesterday. Have it a try and let us know how it goes with your chromecast. Thanks!

• 11.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 06-17-2020 05:23 AM

So far so good!

The cast-icon worked right away with the new 2.0.2 firmware from our devices.

Quite a fast fix after all. Keep up the good work!

Kind regards to the whole Instant On team.

• 12.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 07-26-2020 12:04 AM

Hi @Florent , chromecast run smoothly with application details with latest update. Thank you Aruba Instant On's team. Well done.

• 13.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 10-16-2020 08:05 AM
    After upgrade to 2.1.1 firmware chromecast is intermittent again. Please fix this again, team

• 14.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Employee
    Posted 10-16-2020 08:19 AM

Hi @Feri , thank you for your feedback. 

Do you have Shared Services enabled or disabled? As well, could you tell me which chromecast model you are seeing the issue on?

Thanks! 

• 15.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 10-17-2020 11:44 PM
    Where is shared service setting in 2.1.1?
    I use built in chromecast Mi 4 A. And chromecast is now run smoothly after update Google home in TV and smartphone, then restart both TV and smartphone. It works.

• 16.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Employee
    Posted 10-19-2020 08:22 AM

@Feri In new releases Shared Services setting is only available when you have 2 vlans or more, otherwise it is always disabled.

• 17.  RE: Chromecast Intermittent

Posted 10-16-2020 11:37 AM
    Still the same when disabling WPA3?

My Chromecast audio is not a WPA3 enabled device, but struggles when it's enabled even while connected on WPA2. I just disabled WPA3 for now.