Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Shipped With Wrong Power Adapter

Posted 10-08-2019 10:19 AM

I think my Instant On was sent with the wrong power adapter. The adapter that it came with is a 12V / 2.5A and has a plug that's too large for the port on the Instant On.

The Instant On wants 9.5A of power (or something similar), which I don't have to hand. 

I am able to power it via a POE injector so this isn't a massive deal though. I'm more just curious as to whether this is a mistake or if I'm just being silly in some way.

#AP11D

• 2.  RE: Shipped With Wrong Power Adapter

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2019 03:56 PM

@Richmighty  For the AP11D There are two United States SKU's R3J25A ( Power Bundle) that include the Aruba Instant On 48V/36W Power Adaptor (R2X21A) and NA power Cord. There is the R2X15A that allows you to select the power option of Midspan Injector (R2X22A) or the Aruba Instant On 48V/36W Power Adaptor (R2X21A). If you are in a different country you will need to make sure you have the correct SKU.

• 3.  RE: Shipped With Wrong Power Adapter

Employee
    Posted 10-08-2019 08:36 PM

@Richmighty - We recently discussed an issue whereby a small number of AP bundles were shipped out with the wrong adapter. Please reach out to the Support team so they can help correct this. Thanks for your patience.