Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  missing features

Posted 08-06-2021 04:53 AM
    I have been using InstantON for a while now and I like its simplicity and performance.

Some little features though that I think are needed in future updates:

1. Ability to have read-only users to the portal

2. Ability to switch on-off SSID's per access point. This is so the meeting room SSID is not broadcasting all around the building. Just want it on the access point in the meeting room so the TV connects to it and laptop when near. Having an issue where the current SSID is broadcast on all access points and the laptop is still connected to the furthest one away and not the one near the TV.

3. Ability to turn off either radio per access point. I have a situation at the moment where 2.4Ghz is working really well in a certain area but 5Ghz isn't. This is due to thick brick walls. If I turn the gain down on the 5Ghz then I can sort of get it working but the band-steering still tries the 5GHz and performance is not as good as 2.4GHz

anyway be good to have these as options in the portal.

thanks

Rob

• 2.  RE: missing features

Posted 08-11-2021 04:49 PM

Hi Rob,

I agree wholeheartedly with all three of your requests. They are pretty basic functionality modes/settings and are sorely needed. 

I was surprised to find no option to disable an SSID per AP, and it made proper design a bit challenging in a couple of our deployments. 

Please Aruba, make those happen? 

------------------------------
    Ethan Kozak
    ------------------------------