Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Employee
    Posted 07-05-2021 10:05 PM
    Hi every one,

The Customer use Aruba Instant On AP11.
    When the customer connects the Lenovo laptop to AP11, the wireless communication is cut off.
    It seems that the wireless connection itself is established, but the internet connection is lost and the internet connection is not possible.
    Also, ICMP communication from the laptop to the gateway will not be possible.

The driver for this Lenovo laptop is "Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201".
    The version of this driver is "22.40.0.7".

The wireless security setting for AP11 is "Password". Also, disabling "WPA2 + WPA3 Personal" had no effect.

The other laptop and AP11 have a successful wireless connection. Only this lenovo laptop seems to be unable to connect.

Is there a case where the laptop of the Intel (R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 driver cannot connect wirelessly to AP11?

I was able to confirm the new version "22.50.1" of this driver. Therefore, I propose to the customer to upgrade the driver and wait for the result.

Is there any good way?

------------------------------
    Toshiyuki Nonaka

• 2.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Posted 07-06-2021 12:38 PM
    Hi,

I have two Lenovo ThinkPads on my network (with two AP11 access points) and I have never had any connectivity issues.

The newer ThinkPad (Windows 10) has an "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz" NIC with the driver version: 22.10.0.7 (20/10/2020) and the older ThinkPad (Linux) has an "Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev 73)" NIC with the Intel(R) Wireless WiFi driver for Linux (iwlwifi).

If upgrading the driver to the latest version doesn'work, try to downgrade it to an earlier version. I've seen some Dell laptops having the connectivity issues fixed this way.

You can also try to boot a Live CD / USB with a Linux distro and check if the connectivity issues are present.

Valentin Voica

• 3.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Employee
    Posted 07-06-2021 03:42 PM
    Hi,

please go ahead with the update of the driver version "22.50.1.1" and keep us update about the situation. 

FYI, the driver update is recommend on the latest release notes: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30434/eng/ReleaseNotes_WiFi_22.50.1.pdf

​​Regards,

• 4.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Employee
    Posted 07-06-2021 03:42 PM
    Hi,

please go ahead with the latest "22.50.1.1" update and let us know the outcome.

It is strongly suggested on Intel official release notes to update to 22.50.1: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/30434/eng/ReleaseNotes_WiFi_22.50.1.pdf

Regards,

• 5.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Employee
    Posted 07-15-2021 10:14 AM
    HI Toshiyuki,

can you confirm if customer upgraded to latest Intel driver 22.50.1 and if the issue still persists ?

Thanks,

Jul.

• 6.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Employee
    Posted 07-15-2021 08:30 PM
    Thank you everyone for your reply.

I have updated my Lenovo PC with the latest driver: "22.50.1.1".
    But the problem continued.

I want to find an old driver for Windows 10 on this NIC.
    I have the driver "22.40.0" for this NIC, but do you have an older driver location?

Regards,

Toshiyuki Nonaka

• 7.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Posted 07-16-2021 01:41 PM
    You can find the same driver installed on my laptop (20.10.0.7) here: https://driverpack.io/en/devices/wifi/intel/intel-r-wi-fi-6-ax201-160mhz?os=windows-10-x64

Check by vendor ID (VEN_xxxx) and device ID (DEV_xxxx) if you network card is in the list though.

Valentin Voica

• 8.  RE: Connection problem between AP11 and lenovo laptop

Employee
    Posted 07-29-2021 04:59 AM
    Thank you very much for the driver information

I'll tell him.
    First of all, thank you.
    I'll let you know if there's any progress here.

Regards,

Toshiyuki Nonaka