Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  External Captive Portal

Posted 09-01-2021 10:56 AM

Hello Everybody!

I've a situation here on my work where I need to deploy a custom captive portal, but whitout deploy a RADIUS server.

Basiclly, what we need is a page where the guest user put your name and e-mail and OK, the guest can use the Internet.

The question is... When I use "External Captive Portal", can I just have a php page to get these information and accept the authenticaiton?

Have someone already did this ?

------------------------------
    Fabricio Galdino

• 2.  RE: External Captive Portal

Employee
    Posted 09-04-2023 12:30 PM

Hi Fabricio, 

please find the below option, where there is no authentication done however based on the predefined string the guest user is allowed to connect. you can retun this string as part of the htlml file which the form can be designed to get username, email etc.

• Guest portal acknowledgement-The guest portal must return a predefined string Aruba.InstantOn.Acknowledge to grant user access to the Internet. When selected, a predefined authentication text is returned by the external server after successful user authentication.

Dhanasekar Panneerselvam

• 3.  RE: External Captive Portal

Posted 09-06-2023 01:39 PM

HI Fabrico

We've built a captive portal solution that works perfectly with AIO.

Check our our website www.captivewifi.io or drop me an email to hello@captivewifi.io

Adam

Adam Forman