Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Posted 01-18-2022 01:30 PM
    i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

i have slow connection complain and i dont have a lot of connection is 2 clients and i sow that 2.4 is busy !!!!
    Any idea what could be the reason or how can i fix this issue 

Thanks

------------------------------
    Hani Abuelkhair

• 2.  RE: i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Posted 01-18-2022 02:56 PM
    Do you have neighbors? Do you have devices running on 2.4 GHz such as AV, cameras, etc? 2.4 GHz is a unlicensed spectrum, you would need to perform a site survey to get a full understanding of whats in the air.

Depending on your phone, you might be able to use the 'Aruba Utilities' app to see how many neighbors you have sharing the airtime. Lots of other 3rd party options.

If you are in a dense urban area its possible 2.4 is very busy and almost unusable for some applications.

_ELiasz

• 3.  RE: i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Posted 01-19-2022 08:09 AM
    Yes they are using AV system in the house, and the AV system use only 2.4Ghz !

So dose the busy % mean there is interference of frequency ? what shall we do in this case

Hani Abuelkhair

• 4.  RE: i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Posted 01-21-2022 01:35 AM
    Busy here means "traffic" not interference. And 94% is entirely respectable. Look at how much data is moving around.

For that, you need something like "Wifi Analyzer" on android to look at how messy your wifi channels are.

Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 5.  RE: i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Posted 01-22-2022 09:22 AM
    But when i check the traffic utilization is almost nothing as this is a new location 
    and the connected devises are the NES device with no traffic al all i checked all the connected devices 
    if busy mean traffic then we don't have traffic!!

Hani Abuelkhair

• 6.  RE: i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Posted 01-22-2022 11:28 AM
    What type of AV gear?  Most gear now a days is dual band, most cameras are dual band except the cheaper stuff.

• 7.  RE: i have 5 Aruba instant AP22 and 2.4G is busy

Employee
    Posted 01-25-2022 06:27 PM
    Busy here means that it relates to the RF on the environment and not relating to traffic, it may be some other 2.4 GHz clients on the range that may be creating interference. Is this seen when you change the channel to 1 or 11 also as currently, it looks to be on channel 6. another suggestion is to try with Wi-Fi Analyser and confirm if the channel is busy and pick another channel.

Aruba Instant On Communications