Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Adding a second site but on different ip range

Posted 08-08-2021 05:09 PM
    Hi

I am setting up some APs for a company and have purchased 5 APs, (4xAP12 for guest  and 1xAP15 for work. They will be on different switches-4 on the same and 1 in a different switch since guest has its own router for the connection). Initially a made an account for accessing //portal.arubainstanton.com/ and created a site. Upon creation asked to search for the APs which it did and found the 4xAP12 since I started with the guest aerial network. I should mention here that the guest resides in 192.168.3.0 network segment. Tested everything and moved on to create a new site for the work aerial. This time was different since adding that site didnt give me the option to search for devices. So I went to Networks and clicked the new site and afterwards pressed new devices. But that, isnt looking for APs on the new site. It tries to extent the old one with new devices.
       I should mention here that the Ap15 I am trying to adding flashing amber/green, it is on a different switch with different network segment 192.168.1.0.
    The only thing I can think of is that in case I need a different site on a different network I need to create a new account and assign that site to the new user? This means i have to manage different users/emails for 2 sites. Am I missing something here????

In case I succeed in that site creation (after someone explains me how is it done according to my needs), how am I supposed to point inside the aruba gui who is the DHCP server?

------------------------------
    Jim tsoutsouras

• 2.  RE: Adding a second site but on different ip range

Posted 08-10-2021 01:50 PM
    .....really?         None?......

Jim tsoutsouras

• 3.  RE: Adding a second site but on different ip range

Posted 08-11-2021 04:49 PM

Hi Jim,

I found your explanation a little hard to follow. 

For clarification:
    • You have two separate routers; one for guest one for business?
    • Are the switches AIO switches or another brand?

Ethan Kozak

• 4.  RE: Adding a second site but on different ip range

Posted 08-11-2021 05:35 PM
    Hi  Ethan

Yes correct, two different routers.
       The AP15 alone is on a 1930 Instant on and they have a specific router. 
       The AP12s are on a different brand switch and  a second router.  With them I created the Guest Network (when saying  guest I dont mean the guest feature of the portal but a general name  Guest - like the site is called GuestNet)

I am pretty sure that I need to create a different account for the other router and the one AP15 but I wanted to be sure. In the case of the AP15 (on a 1930 Instant on switch) IPs will be given by a Win Serv 2019 DHCP server (irrelevant but just for the clarification)

Jim tsoutsouras

• 5.  RE: Adding a second site but on different ip range
    Best Answer

Posted 08-12-2021 07:51 AM
    Done it. After making a new account from a computer connected to the same switch as the AP15 I was able to see it and import it to the new site.

Bottom line.... even in the same company, APs connected to different switches (with different network segments each switch), need different accounts to be created in order to see and manage the corresponding APs afterwards.

PS How am I tagging this post as solved?

Jim tsoutsouras

• 6.  RE: Adding a second site but on different ip range

Posted 08-12-2021 11:00 AM

Glad you got it sorted out, Jim! 

It's the second router that creates the issue - if we were using one router and segmenting the network with VLANs it would be possible to keep it all under one AIO site. 

We're pretty new to AIO products ourselves, and are learning about the unique nuances that the system has. 

Hope your site runs smoothly and trouble-free! Take care. 

Ethan