Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP11 remote configuration using picture of back label

Posted 07-26-2021 11:30 AM
    I have an Aruba AP11 still in the box and an Ethernet Internet connection with PoE, at a remote location. That Internet wire is behind the Internet router, so a private address and DHCP is present.

If I have someone plug that network wire with PoE into the AP11 and send a picture of the label on back of the AP11, will I be able to enter the serial number (listed in the picture) to the https://portal.ArubaInstantOn.com site and gain access to configure the AP11? I have the problem that the site is too far for me to drive, and the person on site is not technically proficient for this.

Is it the case that the AP11 is not usable without initial configuration? I would be just as happy if it could be used with no password, or a default password printed on back, until I am next on site.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    cameron owen

• 2.  RE: AP11 remote configuration using picture of back label

Posted 07-26-2021 11:38 AM
    As long as the AP has unrestricted access to the internet, you will be able to remotely configure it. All you need is the serial number of the AP and you'll be granted access on the portal. There is no local configuration for these Instant On AP's, so no changing of any default passwords is necessary.

F L