Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Access Points don't power at maximum

Posted 08-23-2021 10:02 AM
    Hi there,

I'm new to Aruba Instant On. I have two access points (AP15 and AP22). It's most better than all of my repeater and access points from AVM in the past. Now I only need this two AP's instead of 6 from AVM.
    In the Cloud Portal I set the transmit power for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz on my site to Max. When I checked the at the inventory the transmit power only shows for the AP15: 19.5dBm@2.4GHz / 23dBm@5GHz and for AP22: 20dBm@2.4GHz / 22.7dBm@5GHz. I thought that the max trasmit power were set to 30dBm for both. Why is the power below and how can I fix it?
    The AP's have firmware version 2.3.1 installed.

Kind regards,
    Thomas

------------------------------
    Thomas

• 2.  RE: Access Points don't power at maximum

Posted 08-24-2021 11:23 AM

Hi YoDommo,

The power setting can be a little quirky - you need to set both dots on the slider to the level you want them at, otherwise they transmit variably. 

So for a Max power setting, make sure both dogs of the slider are set to maximum.

Hope that makes sense, let us know if that worked or you need further assistance. 

Ethan

• 3.  RE: Access Points don't power at maximum

Posted 08-24-2021 12:02 PM
    Hi Ethan,
    I did that. That was clear from other posts. What I found out that here in Germany the max tx power is only available on some frequencies. So I set the channels maually. Now I have the max tx power for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.

Thx & Kind regards

Thomas