Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Move an AP INH 303 Accesspoint within a buildung.

Posted 06-22-2021 11:57 AM
    Hello.

I use the AP INH 303 access point together with a case of mobile devices.

The access point should be connected to our network in one room with LAN-cable an then open up a WLAN for this room. After use the case with the devices and the access point can be moved to another room and they should be used there.

My problem is, that I can set up the access point but if I move it around in the building and connect it to another part of our network, the access point cannot connet again. What am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?

Arnold

------------------------------
    Arnold Kraschinski

• 2.  RE: Move an AP INH 303 Accesspoint within a buildung.

Posted 06-29-2021 09:40 PM
    This is a function of your network and how you are configuring things.

Any number of reasons spring to mind:

1 - you gave your AP a static IP.
    2 - no DHCP on the other network.
    3 - the other network is not able to reach the internet.

Or even 4, booting is sedate and you did not wait long enough.

Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 3.  RE: Move an AP INH 303 Accesspoint within a buildung.

Posted 06-30-2021 03:32 PM
    If you plug your laptop into these ethernet jacks in the various rooms does your laptop get a DHCP address?  If so are they all on the same subnet?  If not then the AP has to be set to DHCP and not static, if it is.  If they're not on the same subnets and the AP is also set to DHCP see if your laptop has internet access or just local access.  Could be some subnets are just local and not able to access the internet in which case your AP won't be able to access the cloud account.

• 4.  RE: Move an AP INH 303 Accesspoint within a buildung.

Posted 07-01-2021 03:55 AM
    I would also suggest to check the upstream switch configuration - is the interface to which you connect the AP configured in the same way as the interface to which you connected the AP first time?

Valentin Voica