Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Mesh and VLANs

Posted 08-11-2021 04:47 PM
    Hi,

I have a customer that I am assisting with setting up a Instant on network. His current setup consists of 3xAP11D. The first one is acting as a router and connected to a fiber converter. The other two are connected via mesh. He then has some equipment connected via cable to his two meshed units. 

Now comes the part we are stuck on. We want to use VLAN's to segment out some of his wired equipment on the mesh units. 
    Is it possible to setup a untagged vlan on one of the wired ports on all three units and have the mesh act as the connection between them?
    I can't find how I would manage the tagged VLAN's on the mesh link.

Hope this makes sense, neither networking or english is my first language :)

------------------------------
    Björn Saf

• 2.  RE: Mesh and VLANs

Posted 08-12-2021 11:24 AM

I haven't tried an AP11D in router mode yet. I believe you'll have to:
    -Create a new Wired Network in the portal
    -navigate to the 11D you wish to assign 
    -click or tap on the actual port you wish to modify
    - click or tap "port details"
    - use the "Included Networks" drop-down to choose the network you wish to assign. 

Having not actually put this into practice, I'm assuming a bit. Let me know if you've already tried this and/or if it works. 

(PS - your written English is superior to many native speaking individuals! 🙂)

Ethan

• 3.  RE: Mesh and VLANs

Posted 08-13-2021 06:04 AM
    Hi Ethan, Thanks for the informative reply
    This is what i have done so far without any success. Take it with a grain of salt though as i haven't been able to visit the client yet to confirm everything is wired correctly. I'm going out there next week and will update the thread with how it goes :)

Björn Saf

• 4.  RE: Mesh and VLANs

Posted 08-13-2021 10:57 AM
    Hey, good luck…..let's hope it's a simple wiring error or something similarly easy to correct!

Ethan