Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Possible 2.40 bug found

Posted 11-08-2021 11:46 AM

On InstanOn AP22 Firmware 2.40, when WiFi 6 is enabled but "multiple clients optimizations" (ofdma) is checked off, WiFi performance on Intel AX200 is very low/laggy. Recommend to look into this issue, as well as make OFDMA enabled by default when WiFi 6 is enabled, as that's a core feature for WiFI 6.

Once I enabled OFDMA (which you really should if you have WiFI 6 adapters), performance is normal again.

NOTE: This is also with Aruba AP22 QOS "limit bandwidth usage" set to 25Mbps per connecting device

Can anyone else confirm with a WiFi 6 adapter?

• 2.  RE: Possible 2.40 bug found

Employee
    Posted 11-08-2021 12:27 PM
    Hi,

can you confirm how this was tested (how many AX clients, which type of traffic) and what is the current Intel Driver version for the AX200?

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Jul.

• 3.  RE: Possible 2.40 bug found

Posted 11-08-2021 09:19 PM
    Thank You. Actually in hindsight, it seems 5ghz speed and latency seem worse after 2.40 upgrade. I first noticed this in my online gaming.

To isolate I setup 2 networks one 2.4ghz only and the other 5ghz/WiFi 6 only (OFDMA/WPA2+WPA3 and no QOS enabled).
    Intel AX200 with driver 22.80.1.1 Windows 11 64bit. 32GB memory/Core i7 3770/SSD drive. I am the only one with AX200 connected to 5ghz/WiFi 6 network.

The other 2.4ghz devices are fine no lag/download problems.

Tried changing external AX200 WiFi antennas, unplug power to AP22, rebooting DDWRT router, verified router has no ipv6 enabled or QOS. Checked AP cabling and moved to different port on router.

Am I correct that at stock radio settings, the AP22 is supposed to automatically choose the best combo of 5ghz channels for WiFI6? It has been running perfect until 2.40. As that is the only change that happened.

I may try hard AP22 reset if noone else has same issues.

• 4.  RE: Possible 2.40 bug found

Employee
    Posted 11-08-2021 10:23 PM
    Hey FL89,

We appreciate your patience while we check into this matter for you. Once I have an answer, I will update this thread for you.

Aruba Instant On Communications

• 5.  RE: Possible 2.40 bug found

Posted 11-13-2021 08:19 AM
    Wanted to share my findings again. Deleted and recreated the SSID network again. Went to AP radio section and tried to change it from unchecked/default to "use specific configurations for this radio". No matter what middle channels I chose, the 5ghz wifi6/wpa2+wpa3/OFDMA seems to be always "stuck" at channel 36. Confirmed even after AP reboot and waiting a few minutes with the WiFi analyzer.

• 6.  RE: Possible 2.40 bug found

Posted 11-13-2021 08:02 PM

I think it might be worthwhile resetting the AP and starting fresh. Wr have no problem changing channels on our AP22. 

Also not seeing increased latency or other issues, but if the AP is on a congested channel and you can't change it, you're may well have these troubles. 

Ethan