Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-06-2021 10:23 PM
    Number 1 daughter bought the cheapest canon inkjet thing. The US equivalent is probably the TS8320.
    It has wifi, bloof, usb and NO LAN PORT.

The AP has 2 networks, a guest one, "free carrots" and a regular one, "bunny"

It cannot connect to "bunny" no matter what. It scans, sees it, tries, says "use one or any" 
    regardless of the choice (it does see all the macs) it fails to connect and never once asks for the passphrase.

Some fiddling around got it to connect to the guest network with no security and actually get an IP address. However, that is not the objective.
    I want to connect it to the regular wifi along with the 15 other devices.

At this point, the Instanton's complete lack of logs does not help. Not one iota.

It looks like this: Canon : PIXMA Manuals : TS8300 series : Setup Guide
    Except at stop 2, we come unstuck and never get asked for a key of any shape, size or flavour.

If anyone can point the blame at canon, with details. that's good.
    My 5 year old Epson connected just fine.

PS, as it stands, this sort of problem is enough to make me swear off Canon forever.
    Or, if the client has Canon, swear off aruba instead.

------------------------------
    Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 2.  RE: Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-07-2021 02:12 AM
    First thing I would verify is that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are enabled on the "bunny" wireless network. Some smart devices, like printers, only work on 2.4 and will not authenticate (or sometimes even see) a 5GHz only network. After checking this, also verify that you're using WPA2. I'm sure the printer won't support WPA3 as it's too new for many devices. If all else fails, verify the printer's firmware is up to date and try again. Since you can connect to the internet with the guest net, it should allow you to download and flash the newest firmware. I'm not very versed in Canon printers, but viewing the problem from a network angle, these are the first things I'd check.

F L

• 3.  RE: Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-12-2021 04:12 AM
    Both 2.4 and 5 are working AND in "use one network" the mac addresses of both 2.4 and 5 are visible for all 3 routers. (one on each floor, the printer is on the top floor and the EPSON "just works.")

There's no newer firmware and the mysterious error that it prints out when asked (more menus, horrible touch screen beeps) is "C-5"

At the moment, I have given up and #1 daughter is using USB, but this is quite disappointing.

One of the problems being THE COMPLETE LACK OF ANY LOGGING INFORMATION WHAT SO EVER means it is hard to point a finger at anyone.​

• 4.  RE: Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-16-2021 08:41 AM
    I had to do a factory reset on my Canon printer, after that everything went well.

• 5.  RE: Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-17-2021 11:00 PM
    I shall give that a try later, although I have precious little confidence.

• 6.  RE: Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-13-2021 05:47 PM
    Print off a config page or a network page from the internal settings on your printer. This should provide you with an IP address to verify it is connecting to the network. Then you can run a ping <ip address> command from a CMD session and verify that your PC can speak with it. If you get ping replies, use the add printer function and type that IP address into the requested fields.

Prepaid Gift Balance

Noah Mett

• 7.  RE: Connection problem between Canon printer + instanton.

Posted 04-14-2021 12:39 AM
    And that is the problem.

It *won't* connect. It does not even ask for the wifi passphrase.

Pause to look in the logs... Even the most primitive of wifi routers has logs, but the AP11D? Oh no, that's not cloudy enough. It cant even send logs to my syslog server like the POE switch that is running them can.

I will try again after updating to 2.3.0