Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP17 first SSID broadcast

Posted 07-06-2021 06:45 PM
    Hi, a few hours ago I did my first AP17 deployment. However, I noticed that, after the AP17 finishes booting and is shown as online in either the app or Instant ON's portal, it took about 12 minutes for the SSIDs to be visible for the client devices.

Is this normal? I would think it is not, the deployment has eight AP17s and it happened on each of them.

-Abdel

• 2.  RE: AP17 first SSID broadcast

Employee
    Posted 07-07-2021 10:37 AM
    Hi Abdel, 
             Since you mentioned as first deployment , assuming its an out of box AP..  there will be an AP image upgrade after contacting cloud to get the latest image from cloud and then sync the configs..   

does this happen every time.

------------------------------
    Dhanasekar Panneerselvam

• 3.  RE: AP17 first SSID broadcast

Posted 07-07-2021 10:44 AM
    Di DP70, yes I understand that there is an image upgrade and that it takes some time.

However, the 12 minute situation happens even after that step, the APs were power cycled sometimes after they initially reported to be using current firmware (2.3.1) and it takes all of these minutes for the SSID to be seen by the client devices.

• 4.  RE: AP17 first SSID broadcast

Posted 07-07-2021 12:09 PM
    Hi,

A few days ago we had two power cuts within a day of each other. After the power was restored - all the devices in the cabinet were powered up in the same time - the OPNsense firewall and the FreeNAS box came up online frst, then the switch (Aruba Instant On 1930) and the two AP's (Aruba Instant On AP11) were last, after about 10 minutes. In the past I had two other access points: an Aruba AP-324 (Instant) and a Meraki MR33, with similar times to show up online.

Valentin Voica

• 5.  RE: AP17 first SSID broadcast

Posted 07-07-2021 12:13 PM
    Thank you for your reply Valentin, I'm not sure if it is the same scenario.

Here the AP17s boot and are displayed as "online" with the green dot in Instant ON's management. Starting from that moment it takes about 12 more minutes for the SSIDs to be visible in the clients devices (laptops and cell phones).

• 6.  RE: AP17 first SSID broadcast

Employee
    Posted 07-12-2021 06:30 AM
    Thanks Abdel for your response... 

Some follow up questions to understand the scenario

is your AP 17 joining or connecting thru a mesh link..
    is it for only few clients or all clients ( 2.4 / 5ghz clients ) ..

Dhanasekar Panneerselvam

• 7.  RE: AP17 first SSID broadcast

Posted 07-12-2021 09:14 AM
    Thank you for your reply.

No, there are no mesh links, all of the AP17s (8) are wired.

As for the band, it happened in 2.4 GHz but I'm not sure if it also happened in 5 GHz since I was not at the location where the APs were being prepared. During this week the APs will be taken to the customer's place and I will prepare a 5 GHz-only SSID to test.

Regards.