Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  AP11d or AP22/AP15

Posted 08-31-2021 03:26 AM
    Hello again,

Learning a lot, by making my own mistakes and reading what others have done...  :-)

Anyways, I do have a system with several "normal" ceilingmounted AP´s. Which are not mounted to the ceiling...
    2 of AP22 type and 2 of AP15 type. (if I remember correctly...)
    I was already given the info that the ceilingmounted ones are not working at their best if just let lying on the floor or on top pf a shelf or something like that.
    I do know it now myself too, measured the speeds and was shocked how big a difference turning the AP22 towards the user makes, comparing if it just sits on top of a table.

My question is:
    As I simply can´t mount the AP22 or AP15 to the ceiling, for looks (rooms are too old and full of historical looks and ornaments etc) and difficulty in wiring it there (can´t do the wiring without it becoming too visible) , would I be better of simply by using AP11D´s instead ?
    A bit concerned if AP11D is less powerfull or generally not as good as AP22 is ? 
    If they are close in performance, or the difference is really minimal, I might get 2 new  AP11D´s and mount them on the table or shelf pointing towards the user(s).

Any tips or real life experience in comparing these ?

------------------------------
    Erkki Ojansivu

• 2.  RE: AP11d or AP22/AP15

Employee
    Posted 09-01-2021 10:05 AM
    Hi Erkki,

You can mount the AP22 on a wall facing the users if you cannot mount it on the ceiling. Also, remember that AP11D is a Wi-Fi 5 AP that also has additional wired ports if you want to connect additional wired devices, while AP22 is Wi-Fi 6 and is ready to take on higher client density but doesn't have any wired ports. So unless you really need the wired ports, we recommend that you try mounting the AP22 on the wall facing the users. Let us know if this works; thank you. 

Aruba Instant On Communications