Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  The House of Wiffy Lives!

Posted 12-11-2021 02:37 AM
    This is, I kid you not, a house. For obvious reasons, I am not allowed to tell you exactly where it is or who the client is.
    It's pretty expensive and in an expensive part of town. You can see Mt Fuji around sunset on a clear day.

As it is a steel frame and there's an enormous amount of metal around,  there are rather a lot of AP's to guarantee coverage. 
    Then I found out that the entrance roof was 3mm Aluminium. >_<!

I wish the 1930 toys had a 10G RJ45 uplink, because I could use that. All cables are CAT 6A by yours truly. Maximum cable length is around 22m, minimum around 7m.

In simple testing, anything wiffy topped out around 600 Mbit/s, which is insane for a (i)phone. The laptop reached 900.

The uplink router is only 1G, but the actual uplink is 10G. I just need a 10G MAP-E supporting router for that. Yamaha do not yet make one.

I do not have cables going direct from 3F to 1F so I can't flatten it a bit. If I did, I would. I have 2 cables between each floor, that is to say.
    1F->2F A,B, 2F->3F A,B, 3F->4F A,B. I am considering making a ring but It is unclear if there are any merits to that.

Each floor has a POE for the APs. 2F has the most wired ports and there is no 16 port switch that would fit, hence the 2 * 8. 
    4F has a bar and an outdoor jacuzzi, it's an impressive view of city skyline. Hence the AP17. Note the icon is different, a cute feature.

Setting things up, once the uplink issues were resolved, was an absolute doddle. I have never seen anything so easy.

Because it is only in testing and the power is removed every night, I get a trillion messages to my phone ^^; 
    Also, none of the problems experienced by others in this forum. **YET**

There are small children and as a feature, being able to lock out their devices / lan ports on a time schedule was something that I was asked about.

------------------------------
    Still can't change my name from FL17!

• 2.  RE: The House of Wiffy Lives!

Employee
    Posted 01-06-2022 06:23 PM
    Hey FL17,

Thank you for providing this feedback to us. I am passing this feedback to my product team for review. 

Aruba Instant On Communications