Instant On - Wireless

View Only
  • 1.  Road Map Questions - AP11D

Posted 09-14-2021 12:07 PM
    I wish Aruba would offer a road map for the product line. While I know supply shortages are still an issue. Will we be seeing a WiFi 6/802.11AX version of the AP11D? I've love to set up 3-4 of these in the rooms of my house that have wired drops, set them up ala a hotel/in-wall install and turn down the power I'm blasting out of my AP22s to get decent coverage. 

• 2.  RE: Road Map Questions - AP11D

Employee
    Posted 09-22-2021 03:44 AM
    Thank you for this feedback - I will pass this along to my product team.

------------------------------
    Aruba Instant On Communications

• 3.  RE: Road Map Questions - AP11D

Posted 02-03-2022 08:40 AM
    Could someone please provide an actual answer to the question of when/whether Aruba plans to offer Wifi 6 versions of the existing Instant On access points (or any Wifi 6 access points other than the AP22)?

This question has been asked quite a few times in these forums in the year and a half since the AP22 was released, and it has repeatedly received the reply, "Thank you for this feedback - I will pass this along to my product team."  I would assume that the product team is aware that people would be interested in other products that support Wifi 6....  (And if they have not started developing other Wifi 6 access points at this point, it's probably safe to assume that they don't intend to.)

I think that the platform is excellent, and I would very much like to purchase more of these products going forward.  But it is very difficult to make planning and purchasing decisions without knowing any information about Aruba's intentions for this product line (and knowing this is particularly important for a young product line that relies on the company maintaining the cloud management infrastructure).

I'm not expecting model numbers and precise release dates.  But it would be very useful to know:
    1) whether Aruba is planning on releasing Wifi 6 versions of the AP11D and AP17, and
    2) if so, whether their release is planned for the near, medium, or far future.

Any information that Aruba could provide would be extremely useful and make it a lot easier to confidently buy their products.

JS

• 4.  RE: Road Map Questions - AP11D

Employee
    Posted 02-04-2022 12:07 PM
    Hi Joes,

I shared this with my team internally because I definitely want to help. I will update this thread as soon as I have more information to share. Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Road Map Questions - AP11D

Employee
    Posted 02-09-2022 12:27 PM
    Hey Joes,

Please know that I'm still aware of your concerns and this thread. While I don't have more information for you at the moment, I have not forgotten your questions. Thank you for your patience.