Instant On - Wired

Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring ACLs on 1930

• 1.  Configuring ACLs on 1930

Posted 10-21-2020 07:23 AM

Hi,

I'm pretty new to ACLs and so far I am not making much headway setting them up on this switch. Initially, I just want an ACL (standard, not extended) that restricts my guest VLAN from accessing anything (via any protocol) but the Internet. Any clues how to do this?

I found a tutorial online (link below) for the 2930M, but the 1930 doesn't have a CLI. Otherwise I have found nothing to help in configuring the 1930, and unfortunately, the 1930 Management and Configuration guide is not much more than 'buttonology'.

https://www.networktasks.co.uk/environments/hp/provision/access-lists-on-hpe-aruba-switch 

• 2.  RE: Configuring ACLs on 1930

Posted 10-21-2020 09:13 AM

OK, in case anyone else is interested, using the 1930's web GUI I have managed to replicate the first part of the tutorial.

ACLs.PNG

• 3.  RE: Configuring ACLs on 1930

Posted 10-24-2020 06:11 AM

OK, well that didin't work quite as expected. As my Guests need to obtain an IP via DHCP the final rule does not allow them to talk to the DHCP server as there is no match (as they don't yet have an IP on the 172.16.81.0 network). However, an 'Any, Any' rule does allow this as there is no IP matching.

ACLs - 2.PNG

So, more learning to do as yet, but making some progress.