Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Aruba 1930 - high CPU all the time

Posted 09-30-2020 07:07 AM

Hi,

I'm new to Aruba and have a new 1930 48 port switch which I am trying to configure. I have noticed that it runs at 97%+ all the time - this can't be right surely? What might be up?

Also, I am setting up several VLANS and trying to route between them. I can get the DHCP Relay feature to work (DHCP / DNS are on another newtwork) and clients can reach the Internet but not ping each other. Any ideas?

I have firmware v1.0.2.0_125 installed.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 1930 - high CPU all the time

Employee
    Posted 09-30-2020 12:25 PM

@MrFixit  For the high CPU please reach out to support and open a case for them to review and assist you.

For the VLAN's that you set up do you have them defined on your router in order for them to be able to communicate?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 1930 - high CPU all the time

Posted 09-30-2020 12:53 PM
    The CPU seems to have settled down now. I updated the firmware but I don't think that made any difference. I can't seem to find how to raise a Support Case as I am a private individual.
    I have static routes set up on my Warchguard T15 to direct packets to the SVIs for each VLAN on the switch. The VLANs are not configured on the router. I don't believe that is required.
    I need to do some more testing but I think it's working now. It may have been firewalls on the two test PCs that were blocking my Pings.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 1930 - high CPU all the time

Employee
    Posted 09-30-2020 12:56 PM

• 5.  RE: Aruba 1930 - high CPU all the time

Posted 10-07-2020 12:11 PM

Just by way of an update, I raised a support ticket and was advised to set the following:

1. Loop Protection (Global)
    2. Spanning Tree Protocol (Global)
    3. Storm Control (Global)

Whilst I think this is overkill - although maybe I don't fully understand these featuers well enough - but the CPU runs at a much more sensible level now.