Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  Instant on cloud interface misses many essential functions

Posted 09-16-2020 10:15 AM

We sold 8 aruba 1930 switches to a client and tried to configure and manage them with Instant on cloud managment.

This management portal is missing the most basic configuration options and is use less for a good switch configuration.

Example: vlan taging only possible one port at a time!!! We have 6 48 port switches to configure!!!

STP configuration is hidden in the interface and it is not possible to set a root switch

We went back to the local web interface. 

Please release a product when it is ready

• 2.  RE: Instant on cloud interface misses many essential functions

Posted 11-05-2020 06:15 PM
    I'd like to second this.  I like the simplicity of the cloud portal for our level 1 team but it's not practically usable.  Add in the ability to configure multiple ports at once and to enable voice VLAN and I'll be ready to trial it in production usage.

------------------------------
    Robert Isaac

• 3.  RE: Instant on cloud interface misses many essential functions

Posted 11-10-2020 07:28 PM
    For the time-value the tech loses, that business could pay for an enterprise-grade switch. It gets worse each time a switch needs to be reconfigured, too.

They don't even have to rush out a GUI. Just re-enabling the command line option would save a tech hours of imbecilic repetition over 288 ports.

This product is, for sure, not ready to be sold for the market the hardware could serve. An 8-port home switch, sure. 48 ports with that web interface is...impracticable, to be polite.

They really, really need to compel the marketing department to allow them to re-enable the CLI. It's pretty clear somebody said, "That's too much value for the dollar! It'll eat our enterprise sales!" and the development team had to back off. It's a shame, because I would gladly replace five smaller Cisco SMB switches with two of these, and there's no chance of that happening while they are crippled by this under-developed interface.

• 4.  RE: Instant on cloud interface misses many essential functions

Posted 01-05-2021 05:42 PM
    When we first heard of Aruba Instant On platform we were really excited. Like Jsmith pointed out a single web portal for management is cool, especially for teir 1 help desk. But the higher expectation the more the disappointment is. This platform is just a beta product IMO. Either the cloud portal needs to be polished to include some necessary features for configuration and troubleshoot  or enable CLI.

F L