Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 10-15-2020 02:08 AM

Hello,

on my 1930 24p POE+ i am getting random "Hardware Faults" in POE setion, only on not POE enabled devices - like normal NICs from PC or other network devices.

They are only there for a few seconds, when I refresh the page the faults are gone or went to another interface.

The POE LED is not getting orange - so it doesn't seem to be a critical fault.

Question - is that normal?

Firmware: seen on 116 and currently 125.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG

• 2.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Employee
    Posted 10-15-2020 10:57 AM

@ChAoSWK  Please reach out to support to assist in troubleshooting your issues.

https://www.arubainstanton.com/contact-support/ 

• 3.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 10-15-2020 11:45 AM

@ChAoSWK I have this happen on an 8-port cloud managed 1930 too, the health LED and POE LED flash orange for a few seconds, if I am quick enough to toggle LED mode, I can see that the fault is indicated on the port that is connected to my printer, which has no POE capabilities. If I plug my printer into a different port, that port will eventually become the POE fault port. I do have a AP11D connected to this switch and have had zero issues with POE. The uplink to the 1930 is a POE 2530-24G and this port also has had zero issues. This fault condition happens 2-3 times a day for only a few seconds. I'm guessing it's some kind of bug, haven't had the time to reach out to support yet as I'm not super concerned about it at the moment. 

• 4.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 06-18-2021 10:41 AM
    Hi all...

Same issue here. I noticed the same behaviour days ago with brand new 1930 8 port POE with latest firmware installed and managed from Aruba Cloud. 

I was able to switch the button when health LED and POE LED flash orange for a few seconds..... port 7.... no POE device plugged in..... it is an uplink to an unmanaged switch with 2 printers connected to it.

I need to use the 1930 port 6 to add another uplink to an identical unmanaged switch for a few IoT hub connected to this one..... I will check if issue also appears with port 6 eventually.

Ports 1-2 and 3 are each connected to Aruba AP22 using POE to power them. 16W is actually used on 125W total budget.

By the way, this issue is not reported by the Switch Health Monitor.... so nothing is added in the switch event log each time this behaviour occur.

Regards.

Jeff

------------------------------
    Jean-François Ménard

• 5.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 06-21-2021 06:53 AM
    I also have the same problem with the latest firmware. When POE is enabled on ports with devices that don't use POE I frequently get the POE errors with a "Internal Hardware Fault" in the column "Fault Status".

As a workaround I disabled POE on all ports that don't use POE. This makes the fake alerts disappear.

However it would still be nice if Aruba could fix this so that you can leave POE enabled on all ports.

Whisky Drinker

• 6.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 06-21-2021 08:49 PM
    Hi Hiiiiiiiiii ‼️🎉😜 

I have a 1930 with 8 port... the first 4 port are POE, and port from 5 thru 8 are not POE.  Not true.... my mistake.

So why searching for POE device on these ports when device not POE are present ??? The user manual do not explain the difference between ADMIN mode on POE and ADMIN mode on switching.

So I enabled ADMIN mode on port 5 thru 8 in the POE tab to shutdown POE.

Should not be by default on NON POE ports ??? User may shutdown POE on used port by non-poe device.

Regards.

====
    Jeff | VA2SS

• 7.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 06-22-2021 10:10 AM
    I don't think that's correct. My two AP's are plugged into ports 7 and 8 of the 8-port 1930 switch, and they are, obviously, powered up.

Valentin Voica

• 8.  RE: 1930 getting random POE Hardware faults

Posted 06-22-2021 11:30 AM
    You are right.... I edited my previous post accordingly.

Thanks. :-)

====
    Jeff | VA2SS