Instant On - Wired

View Only
  • 1.  DAC Error

Posted 08-16-2020 04:33 PM

When I insert my Tripplite 1M DAC, the switch throws an error.  I known in other Aruba products you can surpress DAC compatiblity warnings. How is this accomplished on this switch line?  I rather reserve the warning signals for things that actually matter to me.

• 2.  RE: DAC Error

Employee
    Posted 08-17-2020 12:26 PM

@CaptainPlanet The 1930 switch will support 3rd party optics, but has no way to turn off alerts for those optics.

• 3.  RE: DAC Error

Posted 10-01-2020 05:00 AM

Hello,

I got Cisco DAC Cable working, its listed as not supported in my Log.

Any chances to overwrite the error, as the switch blinks continously red?

Cheers

• 4.  RE: DAC Error

Employee
    Posted 10-01-2020 10:42 AM

@Xeroxxx Unfortunately it's a 3rd party optic and can't be overwritten.

• 5.  RE: DAC Error

Posted 10-02-2020 12:38 PM

So its intended if you use a 3rd Party DAC the switch continously blinks orange?

Then I would like to do a feature request to acknowledge this warning/error without getting support for that.

Thank you

• 6.  RE: DAC Error

Posted 10-14-2020 11:00 AM

@Xeroxxx I had the same issue with a dac from my switch to my router. I ended up with two sfp+ transceivers from 10gtek. Cost $20 each so I could get an Intel comp one for the firewall and HPP/Aruba compatible one for the switch, then a short patch cable. Cost a little more but still not bad and has been working great.

• 7.  RE: DAC Error

Posted 11-02-2020 07:44 AM
    Thanks. I'll be doing the same.

• 8.  RE: DAC Error

Posted 06-28-2021 05:41 AM
    SO you mean the 10gtek DAC cables worked without any warning messages? Because in your next sentence you mentioned <<so I could get an Intel comp one for the firewall and HPP/Aruba compatible one>> so compatible one - which one? Also how long were they?

Thank you 

------------------------------
    Jim tsoutsouras

• 9.  RE: DAC Error

Posted 07-20-2021 04:14 PM
    Dell, Cisco and fs.com SFP+ transceivers all work. The DAC cables the same except they will flash a red error light, just ignore it.  I don't think people will be paying $100 for a "HP" DAC when the switch is only twice that. HPE ARUBA are really losing their market. Nothing special about this 1930 tbh. Unfinished firmware and a community with 200 members is a joke.

TerrenceT Tibbs